Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Reminisce Capcom's awesomeness with this old collection of E3 2000 trailers. Complete & 60fps.

Capcom E3 Sales Presentation (Long Version)
No, I don't have the short version.
So I got a seasonal job last month. It ate up most of my time but it was worth it for the moolah. Now I'm back, and I'm starting the new year off with a nice and hella late Christmas gift to my tiny readership.

Last July, I purchased three VHS cassettes from eBay containing promotional videos of various Capcom games from the late 1990s. One of them simply says Fighter's Edge, but the other two held greater interest to me. For this post, I'm only going to post only one of the tapes as it may be of value to a broader range of Capcom fans, especially to those who loved their games in the early-2000s. The other I'll be unveiling on the 29th of this month. The fan-base might just like it. ;) Actually no, that didn't came until Halloween of this year. Yikes, long delay.

The E3 Sales Presentation (Long Version) tape includes several trailers for games that were announced in 2000 including Mega Man Legends 2, Mega Man X5, Onimusha, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Power Stone 2, etc. Not only does it contain a trailer for RE: Gun Survivor, but a trailer for Resident Evil Zero on the Nintendo 64. Quite the heavy hitters there.



Presumably, the trailers shown at E3 2000 and later onto the internet might have originated from this particular promo tape. Nowadays, you might see these as fairly low-res videos on YouTube. Or if you were around back in the day, on other vendors when it looked like a pixelated mess of squares. Now, finally, I can release the entire ripped footage on YouTube at 60fps video playback. If you've been following me this past couple of months, you'll know I've ripped and uploaded some trailers already, so why don't you check out the links in the paragraph above?

Go crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment